The AEMC DTR 8510 High-Performance Ratiometer is a portable digital ratio meter for testing power, voltage and current transformers.
The DTR 8510 is totally automatic and uses a test method which complies with the ANSI/IEEE standard. Users are not required to perform any calibration or balancing.
During each measurement, the DTR 8510 self-calibrates automatically and checks:
- Open circuits, windings, connections and cut-off circuits,
- Short-circuits (excessive value of excitation current),
- Incorrect connection of the test cables,
- Polarity reversals
- The measurements are displayed quickly and accurately.
AEMC DTR 8510 High-Performance Ratiometer specifications
- Transformation ratio: from 0.8000:1 to 8,000:1 (power and voltage transformers) and from 0.8000 to 1,000.0 (current transformers) – Auto range function
- Testing by excitation of the primary and reading of the secondary, in order to guarantee user safety
- Display of alerts in the event of incorrect connection, reversed polarityn open circuits and short-circuits
- Digital display – display of the ratios, winding directions – % deviation in relation to the rated values and excitation current. The bar graph indicates the progression of self-calibration and measurement
- Storage of up to 10,000 measurement results in internal memory
- USB connection and DataView PC software supplied as standard to set up the instrument, download and analyze the measurements and generate test reports
- Power supply by NiMH rechargeable battery with external charger (battery life of 10 hours in continuous operation)
- IP53 protection
- IEC 61010 50V CAT IV safety
- Dimensions: 272 x 248 x 130 mm / 3.7 kg
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: