Time sensitive information such as protection tripping commands are a high priority and require a quick means of communication. In IEC 61850 environments, the GOOSEs (Generic Object Oriented Substation Events) are the mechanism for delivering status information. Published as multicast messages without being addressed to a specific receiver, this information is then distributed across the network allowing any IED or test set to retrieve it.
The Doble F6150sv Relay Testing System (F6860 IEC61850 GSE Interface Module) is a versatile power system simulator for testing IEC 61850-based protection devices and schemes. This relay test set performs the simplest through the most complex tests.
The F6150sv tests IEC 61850-based systems at the process level and station level using both sampled values and GOOSE messages.
- Simulate three streams of IEC 61850 9-2LE sampled values through one fiber-optic port and one copper (RJ45) port
- Simulates (publishes) and subscribes to IEC 61850 GOOSE messages involving multiple IEDs
- Performs standard relay calibration and verification testing of high-burden (electromechanical), solid-state, and microprocessor-based relays
- Delivers full VA power with resistive, inductive and capacitive loads at maximum current rating. The following ranges are available with the F6005 Enhanced Rating Option: (6 x 35, 3 x 70, 1 x 210 A).
- Performs state simulation and transient testing
- Tests 0.2-class metering CTs and transducers
- Implements end-to-end testing of communications-based schemes with GPS time syncing
- Maximum of 12 high-level analog sources (six voltage, six current) configurable for bench testing and proof-of-concept testing for complicated relaying schemes
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: