The General Electric VersaTrip Circuit Breaker Test Set is a rugged, light weight, portable instrument designed to test the electronics package used with VersaTrip circuit breakers.
The test set may also be used to test the electronics package used in circuit breakers for Fire Pump Controller Applications.
The General Electric VersaTrip is designed to:
• Test the VersaTrip electronics package as a separate item, independent of the circuit breaker.
• Test the "long time", "instantaneous" and "ground fault" functions by injecting current levels that simulate conditions, which will cause a trip signal to be generated by the electronics package.
• Measure the magnitude of the trip signal to insure that it is sufficient to trip any VersaTrip circuit breaker within manufactured specifications.
• Test the ability of the VersaTrip Electronics Package to continuously carry rated sensor current (full load) WITHOUT causing a trip indication.
• Show that when testing in the "long time" mode, a time delay function is achieved.
• Prove basic operation of the electronics package.