Measuring winding resistance is a test carried out on transformers for preventive maintenance. This test helps determine if the connections are correct, no severe mismatches or opens on the windings.
In earlier years, measuring winding resistance required numerous pieces of equipment like galvanometers, ammeters, slidewire adjustments, batteries and switches. Today, with the advancement in testing equipment technology, testing time has been greatly reduced and measurements made easier.
The Raytech WR14 15 Amp Winding Resistance Meter offers 2 independent channels for measuring resistance and can charge inductive loads up to 1500 Henry. It also features a heavy-duty safety circuit and a fast discharge unit for protection. This tester offers the basic functions needed for testing transformers in commercial and industrial facilities.
• Touch screen UI
• Charge inductive loads up to 1500 Henry
• Data exchange through a USB drive
• Dual channels for resistance measurement and temperature
• 15 Amperes output
• Variable test voltage from 0 to 30 volts
• Demagnetizing circuit
• Discharge indicator
• Emergency stop button
• Built-in printer
• Internal storage that can store 10000 test results
• Can measure resistance from 0.00 Ohms up to 100 kiloOhms
• Battery operated
• USB and RS232 connectivity