Since a majority of electrical maintenance and testing involves evaluating insulation integrity, insulation resistance testing is very important. Electrical insulation starts to age as soon as it's made, and aging deteriorates its performance. Harsh installation environments, especially temperature extremes and/or chemical contamination, cause further deterioration, and as a result, personnel safety and power reliability can suffer. Therefore, it's important to identify this deterioration as quickly as possible so that the necessary corrective measures can be taken.
The Megger MIT525 5kV Insulation Resistance Tester and Megger MIT1025 10kV Insulation Resistance Tester are designed for testing the insulation of high-voltage electric equipment.
Their wide voltage range also allows applications for low-voltage equipment. Generators, motors, transformers, cables and switchgear all require effective maintenance.The test techniques on the MIT525 and MIT1025 provide valuable diagnostic information.
- High-voltage power cables and high-voltage buses
- Large motor/generator windings
- Line and substation transformers
- Acceptance testing at installation to check conformance to specifications
- Routine preventative/predictive maintenance testing after installation
- QA testing as part of the manufacturing process
- Diagnostic testing to isolate faulty components for repair