A standard diagnostic tool in the electrical industry, a digital multimeter is used to measure two or more electrical values, mainly voltage (volts), current (amps) and resistance (ohms).
Digital multimeters incorporate a number of specialized features, and depending on the specific need, it is best to rent the model targeted for the particular tasks at hand.
The Fluke 1587/MDT FC Advanced Motor and Drive Troubleshooting Kit includes a 1587 Insulation Multimeter FC 2-in-1 Insulation DMM, i400 Current Clamp, and a 9040 Phase Rotation Indicator.
The 1587/MDT features four diagnostic functions through the Fluke Connect Measurements application:
- Pl/DAR timed ratio tests with TrendIt™ graphs identifies moisture and contaminated insulation problems faster
- Memory storage through Fluke Connect eliminates writing down results, reduces errors and saves data for historical tracking over time
- Temperature Compensation through app for establishing accurate baselines and relevant historical comparisons
- Historical tracking and trending of assets identifies degradation over time, allows real-time decisions to be made in the field with Fluke Connect® Assets
The Fluke 789 ProcessMeter features a DMM design to meet 1000 volt IEC 1010 CAT III standards, and provides a precision 1000 V, 440 mA True-rms digital multimeter, frequency measurement to 20 kHz, simultaneous mA and % of scale readout, and 20 mA dc current source / loop calibrator / simulator.
Key features of the 789 ProcessMeter:
- 24 V Loop power supply
- Large dual display
- Enhanced backlight with 2 brightness settings
- 1200 ohm drive capability on mA source
- HART mode setting with loop power and a built-in 250 ohm resistor
- 0% and 100% buttons to toggle between 4 and 20 mA sourcing for a quick span check
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: