Stuck contacts or open relay coils are common defects of relays, and can seriously affect the electrical line if not detected early. If a protective relay is defective, it may lead to an overload or fault, and ultimately an electrical system may fail.
Regular inspection allows for early detection of problems, and the Omicron CMC 356 Universal Relay Test Set and Commissioning Tool is a universal solution for diagnosing problems in various types of protective relays, and the test set is also capable of conducting wiring and primary injection tests on transformers.
- Very powerful current sources for testing high-burden electromechanical relays
- High current amplitudes for 5 A relay testing
- High accuracy and versatility for testing static and numerical relays of all types
- Integrated network for testing IEC 61850 IEDs
- Continuous synchronized outputs with CMIRIG-B (e.g. for PMU or MU testing)
- Primary injection capabilities for commissioning tasks
- Test Universe software with unrivaled manual and automated testing functionality
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: