An ohmmeter is an electronic device that measures electrical resistance, such as that of a circuit component. Ohmmeters come with different levels of sensitivity; some are designed to measure low-resistance materials, while others measure higher resistance.
An ohmmeter functions by passing a constant current or voltage though an object, such as voltage from a battery, and then measuring the resulting voltage with an ammeter after it passes through the resistance. The higher resistance the material has, the less current will pass through it. An ohmmeter is typically not used to measure resistance across an entire circuit, but rather through different parts of the circuit, although it can be used to test that a circuit is not broken. Components of a circuit can be removed and tested individually for resistance.
The Megger DLRO10HD 10A Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter combines simplicity of operation with a rugged case designed for stable ground and bench operation.
Powered from either its rechargeable battery or line power, The Megger DLRO10HD, is suitable for continuous testing in production line/repetitive use environments.
Providing significantly enhanced compliance, the Megger DLRO10HD is capable of delivering 10 A into measurements up to 250 mΩ and 1 A into measurements up to 2.5 Ω. The duration of each test may be up to 60 seconds.
Features and Benefits of the Megger DLRO10HD
• High or low output power selection for condition diagnosis
• Rechargeable battery or line power supply, allowing continuous operation, even with a dead battery
• 10 A for 60 seconds, less time waiting to cool, great for charging inductance
• High input protection to 600 V, inadvertent connection to line or UPS voltage will not blow a fuse
• Heavy duty case: IP 65 lid closed, IP54 operational (battery operation only)
• Rotary switch selects one of five test modes, including auto start on connection, giving ease of use
• Operational ingress protection is IP 54 (battery power only) ensuring protection from the elements
• 7Ah lead acid battery provides extended operation and can be charged while operating from line power
• Rotary mode switch with bidirectional (current reversal with averaging cancels thermal EMFs), unidirectional, automatic, continuous and inductive modes
• Large, clear LCD display with backlight and contrast adjustment
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: