Power factor testing is a diagnostic test that is commonly performed to quantify and trend characteristics of electrical insulation. A regular testing and maintenance program that includes power factor testing can aid in determining the health of electrical insulation as well as where it is in its life cycle and how to plan for taking it out of service.
The Doble M4000 M4100 Power Factor Insulation Analyzer is a popular 12 kV power factor test set commonly used in testing transformers, bushings, circuit breakers and other high voltage insulated equipment. Offering an advanced Line Frequency Modulation System that rejects electrical interference, the Doble M4000 M4100 ensures high accuracy testing. Optional modules can also be used to enhance testing capabilities.
Diagnostic capabilities of the Doble M4000 system:
- Power Factor Testing to confirm insulation integrity and quality
- Capacitance Testing to measure physical changes that may have occurred to the apparatus
- Turns Ratio Testing to detect shorted turns or winding damage
- Leakage Reactance/Short Circuit Impedance Testing to evaluate winding deformation
- Single Phase Excitation Current Testing to evaluate the transformer magnetizing circuit
- Capacitor bank testing using the Doble M4110 Leakage Reactance Module
detects deteriorating or failed capacitors within a bank.
Diagnostic capabilities of the Doble M4100 system:
- 12 kV Power Factor/Tan-Delta capacitance testing to assess insulation condition & dielectric loss
- High stress and high accuracy 10 kV TTR with the doble TTR Capacitor
- Transformer Leakage Reactance testing with the M4110 to detect winding deformation or damage
- 10 kV Single-Phase Excitation Current testing to detect degraded turn-to-turn insulation damage and magnetic circuit anomalies
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec:
Wherever the job takes you (and the equipment), with Protec's multiple locations, we always ship from the office closest to your desired drop location (if the electrical test equipment you need is in-stock at that location), and the equipment can be returned to the nearest office.
We always consider ALL shipping options in order to save you the most time and money.
Also, if you happen to be close to one of our many office locations, walk-ins are always welcome!
Rely on the Electrical Test Equipment Rental Experts, we are there when and where you need us.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published October, 2013 and has been updated freshness, accuracy and comprehensiveness.