Power factor testing is one of the common diagnostic methods used to identify bad insulation. By measuring the dissipation factor of the cable the remaining life span of the insulation can be determined
The Doble M4000 M4100 Power Analysis is a popular 12 kiloVolt power factor test set commonly used in testing bushings, cables and other high voltage equipment. Offering an advanced Line Frequency Modulation System that rejects EMI, the M4000 M4100 Power Analysis ensures high accuracy testing. Optional modules can also be used to enhance testing capabilities.
Diagnostic capabilities of the Doble M4000 system:
- Power Factor Testing to confirm insulation integrity and quality
- Capacitance Testing to measure physical changes that may have occurred to the apparatus
- Turns Ratio Testing to detect shorted turns or winding damage
- Leakage Reactance/Short Circuit Impedance Testing to evaluate winding deformation
- Single Phase Excitation Current Testing to evaluate the transformer magnetizing circuit
- Capacitor bank testing using the Doble M4110 Leakage Reactance Module detects deteriorating or failed capacitors within a bank.
Diagnostic capabilities of the Doble M4100 system:
- 12 kV Power Factor/Tan-Delta capacitance testing to assess insulation condition & dielectric loss
- High stress and high accuracy 10 kV TTR with the dobleTTR Capacitor
- Winding Leakage Reactance testing with the M4110 to detect winding deformation or damage
- 10 kV Single-Phase Excitation Current testing to detect degraded turn-to-turn insulation damage and magnetic circuit anomalies
Protec offers multiple locations to better serve your needs, and electrical testing equipment rental options that work for you.