Any industry that consumes large amounts of electrical power should include low resistance ohmmeter measurements in their maintenance operations. Abnormally high resistance causes unwanted heating, possibly leading to danger, and it also causes energy losses which increase operating costs.
In addition, there are industries that have critical specifications on bond connections to ensure solid connections to “ground beds.” Poor connections reduce the effectiveness of the ground bed and can cause significant power quality-related problems and/or catastrophic failure in the event of a major electrical surge. A number of subassembly operations supply components to aircraft manufacturers that specify low resistance connections to the airframe. Strap connections between cells on a power backup battery system also require very low resistance.
• Power generation and distribution companies
• Chemical plants
• Telecommunications companies
• Automotive manufacturers
• Aircraft manufacturers
The Megger DLRO 600 Digital Micro-Ohmmeter is capable of providing test currents from 10 amps up to 600 amps subject to the load resistance and supply voltage. A large liquid crystal display provides all the information needed to perform a test; all test parameters and measurement results are displayed.
Megger DLRO 600 features:
• Small and weighs less than 33 lbs (15 kg)
• Test currents from 10 A to 600 A dc
• 0.1 µohms best resolution
• On board memory for up to 300 test results and notes
• RS232 port to download stored results or for real time output to a printer
• Supplied complete with 16.4 ft (5 m) test leads and download software