Megohmmeters are design to measure very high resistances usually greater that 1 MegOhm or 1,000,000 Ohms.
They are used to measure the resistance of insulating materials and to determine at what voltage the insulation will "break down" and allow a current to flow through it.
The AEMC 1026 1kV Digital Megohmmeter is a megohmmeter, DC voltmeter, AC voltmeter, ohmmeter and a continuity tester all in one.
The 1026 tests at 250V, 500V and 1000V and measures insulation resistance from 1kΩ to 4000MΩ, and features a continuity test range with audible beeper for resistances under 40Ω, and a 600VAC range for safety voltage check.
Applications for the AEMC 1026 Digital Megohmmeter include:
- Test insulation on cables, transformers, motors, insulators and wiring installations
- High resistance or absorption tests
- Spot reading tests
- Timed resistance measurements
- Dielectric (DAR) and polarization (PI) tests
- Low insulation test range for testing old or flooded installations
- Motor insulation resistance measurements
- Continuity checks and low resistance measurements
- Computer controlled production line testing
- Predictive maintenance
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: